river-dev mailing list archives

From Bishnu Gautam <bishn...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Jini2.1 in Windows 8 and Java 1.8
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 00:28:40 GMT
Hi Peter
Sure, I will post River tutorial once I finished the work in Jini. I will start working on
that after playing with Jini few more days.
RegardsBishnu

Bishnu Prasad Gautam

> Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:38:34 +1000
> From: jini@zeus.net.au
> To: dev@river.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Jini2.1 in Windows 8 and Java 1.8
>
> Actually... I read the article and I'm interested in your upcoming River
> tutorial ;)
>
> On 21/05/2014 7:38 PM, Bishnu Gautam wrote:
> > Hi Peter
> > Jini installer seems using an older version of LAX installer that is 7.0. It seems
too old and I do not have patch for this installer. However, I have all required files of
Jini2.1 as descrived below.
> > I have the extracted files of jini 2.1 in the following links:http://www.wakhok.ac.jp/~gautam/jyaguchiProject/jini2_1_all_files.rar
> > And also the steps of running Jini in the following pdf file.http://wakhok.ac.jp/~gautam/jyaguchiProject/Jini-in-Windows-8.pdf
> > You can put the files and also the tutorial of running Jini in River site. Certainly,
I could share my time to upload my current/future works in River, for that could you provide
me SVN login info of River SVN repository. Or let me know the way if I can edit above tutorial
in River site by myself.
> > RegardsBishnu
> >

> > Bishnu Prasad Gautam
> >

> >> Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 17:49:23 +1000
> >> From: jini@zeus.net.au
> >> To: dev@river.apache.org
> >> Subject: Re: Jini2.1 in Windows 8 and Java 1.8
> >>
> >> Thanks Bishnu,
> >>
> >> Can you provide a patch?  I'll submit it to svn.
> >>
> >> Our website could use some jazzing up too if you've got some cycles to
> >> spare?
> >>
> >> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/river/site
> >>
> >> Peter.

and River. After a few while, I got back to play with Jini, however, it seems that the installer
no more works in Windows 8. So, I got some trick to make it run in Windows 8. I would like
to contribute this tutorial to River project. So, if you want to put it in the website, please
let me know. Anyway, I am providing the link for temporary purpose in the following place.
some distributed/cloud based application.