river-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Dependency on Sun internal API's
Date Sun, 25 May 2014 02:55:55 GMT
On 25/05/2014 11:07 AM, Greg Trasuk wrote:
> On May 24, 2014, at 8:42 PM, Peter Firmstone<jini@zeus.net.au>  wrote:
>> On 23/05/2014 9:53 PM, Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
>>> Yes, if possible we could sync up the trunk, by visual diffing trunk and qa_refactor,
merging patches into trunk, commiting to trunk and release in small controlled steps. Netbeans
is capable of doing that.
>>> Gr. Simon
>> The original concern raised, was significant changes between the 2.2 branch and trunk.
  Qa_refactor is branched off trunk although trunk has a couple of commits after the branch
point, so it'd probably be easier to apply those changes to qa_refactor, rather than the other
way around.
>> However I suspect what you meant was to apply the changes in qa_refactor to the 2.2
> I thought the plan was to merge qa_refactor over to trunk, and leave the 2.2. branch
> Greg.

Yes I believe it is, but we already have an svn commit history with 
comments that explain changes from a recent trunk snapshot, we'd loose 
those comments, since trunk has been relatively static, it would be 
easier to merge trunk into qa_refactor and replace trunk.

My understanding is that we'd release qa_refactor and make incremental 
changes to it in multiple releases until it stabilised.

Trunk was branched because it became unstable.

Although qa refactor is quite stable, looking at Jenkins you could be 
forgiven for thinking otherwise, it's worth remembering the current 
snapshot hasn't run on Jenkins.  I have enabled a test that failed (as 
documented) during the Jini 2.1 release, that is now stable.

ServiceDiscoveryManager still has a race that presents occassionally, 
but I don't think its a reason not to release.

IIOP isn't running on IBM J9, it hasn't had the opportunity for a full 
test run, but results so far are better than expected.

For now I'm waiting for Jenkins to run the current snapshot on all 
architectures, probably a couple of weeks wait for the outcome.



View raw message