river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Dependency on Sun internal API's
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 04:29:22 GMT
Presently we are prevented from compilling and running on J9, JRockit or
other Java VM's.

I've been able to modify Phoenix to use reflection at runtime to call
Sun private implementations, meaning that Phoenix is strictly a Sun JVM
only component, but would no longer prevent compilling and testing on
other architectures.

There is one test that,
com.sun.jini.test.impl.reggie.MultiHomedClientTest that uses the
following internal sun API:

sun.net.spi.nameservice.NameService;
sun.net.spi.nameservice.NameServiceDescriptor;

If I was to change this test and associated classes to .txt extensions,
we could run these manually on Sun's JVM, while allowing River to build
on other architectures.

Regards,

Peter.