river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Jini2.1 in Windows 8 and Java 1.8
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 11:38:34 GMT
Actually... I read the article and I'm interested in your upcoming River
tutorial ;)

On 21/05/2014 7:38 PM, Bishnu Gautam wrote:
> Hi Peter
> Jini installer seems using an older version of LAX installer that is 7.0. It seems too
old and I do not have patch for this installer. However, I have all required files of Jini2.1
as descrived below.
> I have the extracted files of jini 2.1 in the following links:http://www.wakhok.ac.jp/~gautam/jyaguchiProject/jini2_1_all_files.rar
> And also the steps of running Jini in the following pdf file.http://wakhok.ac.jp/~gautam/jyaguchiProject/Jini-in-Windows-8.pdf
> You can put the files and also the tutorial of running Jini in River site. Certainly,
I could share my time to upload my current/future works in River, for that could you provide
me SVN login info of River SVN repository. Or let me know the way if I can edit above tutorial
in River site by myself.
> RegardsBishnu
>

> Bishnu Prasad Gautam
>

>> Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 17:49:23 +1000
>> From: jini@zeus.net.au
>> To: dev@river.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Jini2.1 in Windows 8 and Java 1.8
>>
>> Thanks Bishnu,
>>
>> Can you provide a patch?  I'll submit it to svn.
>>
>> Our website could use some jazzing up too if you've got some cycles to
>> spare?
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/river/site
>>
>> Peter.
>>

>> On 20/05/2014 9:37 PM, Bishnu Gautam wrote:
>>> HI All
>>> I think there are still some old Jini fans who might like to play with jini and
River. After a few while, I got back to play with Jini, however, it seems that the installer
no more works in Windows 8. So, I got some trick to make it run in Windows 8. I would like
to contribute this tutorial to River project. So, if you want to put it in the website, please
let me know. Anyway, I am providing the link for temporary purpose in the following place.
>>> I think Jini/River is a great resource to the people who want to develop some
distributed/cloud based application.