river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: The King of all Bugs
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 09:14:49 GMT
ByteBuffer is a subclass of Buffer, whose documentation says, under
"Thread Safety", "Buffers are not safe for use by multiple concurrent
threads. If a buffer is to be used by more than one thread then access
to the buffer should be controlled by appropriate synchronization."

Is access controlled by appropriate synchronization? How are the buffers
communicated between the threads?

Patricia