river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: New Chair for Apache River PMC
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 07:18:22 GMT
On 13/05/2014 9:59 AM, Dennis Reedy wrote:
> Apologies for not chiming in earlier, I've been running around with my air
> on fire for the past couple of weeks. As to whether River is dead, I don't
> think it is, maybe mostly dead (in which case a visit to Miracle Max may be
> in order). I think River is static, but not dead. The technology is so
> worth at least maintaining, fixing bugs and continued care and feeding.
>
> The issue to me is that the project has no direction, and River has no
> community that participates and makes decisions as a community. There has
> been tons of work in qa_refactor, is that the future for River? Or is it a
> fork?

There are develpers who are concerned about the number of fixes made in
qa-refactor, but no one yet has identified an issue I haven't been able
to fix very quickly.  In any case the public api and serial form is
backward compatible.

I encourage the community to test it, find out for themselves and report
any issues.