river-dev mailing list archives

From Zsolt Kúti <la.ti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Decision process for a Modular build tool
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 07:08:42 GMT
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 1:47 AM, Peter Firmstone
<peter.firmstone@zeus.net.au> wrote:

> To me, going modular is a no brainer, but what tool should we use and why?
>
> * Maven
> * Gradle
> * Ivy & ant
>
> Please keep responses to the point, with any pro's and cons you have, eg:
While deciding on a possible build system is certainly the business of
who participate in development, I would add some thoughts to gradle:
- how to judge adoption
- gradle dependency handling is outstanding
- transiting from ant can first be done by using what we already have,
ant is a first class citizen
- gradle folks are certainly willing to help in switching a project of
this caliber
- for more thoughts please check this out:
http://www.gradleware.com/resources/tech/java/maven
- mainstream IDEs support is not going to be a shortcoming:
http://www.gradle.org/tooling (I know only IDEA where it works nice)

Zsolt