river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject [Discuss] River-435 - Proposed Standard for Single-Archive Deployment Packaging
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 18:44:29 GMT
Hi all:

On March 14, I posted a summary of the discussions on River-435:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-435?focusedCommentId=13926166&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13926166

Since then, I haven’t heard anything.  Also, most of the original discussion around River-435
was on tangents to the actual specification, rather than the spec itself.  I suspect that
the River community has little appetite for this spec.  That, in addition to the fact that
we’ve determined that both Rio and the River Container will continue development outside
the River project, makes me wonder if we ought to just close the Jira issue without a vote.

So I’ll ask directly - should we call a vote or simply abandon the single-archive deployment
spec?

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk