river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1590276 - /river/jtsk/skunk/qa_refactor/trunk/build.xml
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2014 03:14:19 GMT

On Apr 26, 2014, at 839PM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:

> But, so what?  If they’re part of the platform, they’re supposed to be there in all
Jini clients and services.

Then why not put all the lookup attributes in the platform? Why not put all of jsk-lib.jar
in the platform? And why is this even an issue for you at all?

> Greg.
>
> On Apr 26, 2014, at 8:28 PM, Peter <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
>
>> Dennis is right, these classes have snuck into jsk-platform.jar, they're not in there
in Jini2.1

>> Because these classes aren't preferred, they'll be resolved in the application loader,
simply because they're present, annotated or not.

Nope. Classes that are loaded by the system classloader never get an annotation.

Dennis