river-dev mailing list archives

From Rafał Krupiński <rafal.krupin...@sorcersoft.com>
Subject Re: Health of the Apache River Project
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 21:12:35 GMT
Dnia 2014-04-10, czw o godzinie 14:40 -0500, Gregg Wonderly pisze:

> Maybe you can explain at this point.  Is the problem that  you can’t build, at all,
to test your changes?  Is this because you don’t have ANT?

Are you, by any chance, being sarcastic?

>   It seems it’s because  you don’t know how to use the ANT build system, which I
can understand.  But also, you need to understand that there are people who have no idea how
to use Maven either.

> So, overall, how can we simplify things if there are always new and different build tools/standards
that some people know and others don’t?

Is learning a new tool the problem or how would the migration address
the problem of lack of contributions and new committers?

Regards,
Rafał