river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: River-436 - need some explanation of preferred class provider
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:50:38 GMT
Okay, I don’t have to reply to all of the exchanges I missed, but I really want to make it
clear, that my class loading changes in River-336, do in fact fix ALL CLASSLOADING ISSUES!
 The reason I “scream” that out, is because it encapsulates every single way that class
is going to always “ask” the parent to load the class, and the call into the River-336
provided code can delegate loading in whatever mechanism is appropriate for the “platform”
that the client wants to use.

This makes it possible to get the class form wherever is needed, and puts the client in complete
control of how class loader resolution occurs, as well as how class objects are loaded into
class loaders as “owners” of the classes.

Just because the methods have names indicating “parent” or other hierarchal relationships
doesn’t mean that the actions taken there have to create any sort of hierarchy.

Gregg Wonderly