river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: DistributedLambda
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 09:45:59 GMT
To enable remote clients to invoke processing at the server with lambda
expression invocation on remote objects, without code downloads.

Presently the enclosing class is serialized along with the lambda,
because it contains the receipe generated by the static compiler. I'm
investigating if it's possible to send only the receipe along with any
parameter objects, for dynamic code generatation at the server.

I want to completely avoid code downloading, lambda's could potentially
allow significant performance and latency benefits by filtering and
processing at the server, prior to returning results to clients.

Cheers,

Peter.