river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: DistributedLambda
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 03:06:41 GMT
Actually Lambda serialization is a good effort, I think we can leverage it by removing the
dependency on the enclosing class, but only for short lived objects intended as arguments
for remote objects.

ASM could be used to capture invokedynamic instructions used by the jvm to create lambdas,
this could then be marshalled along with any parameters used to recreate the lambda remotely
with ASM's assistance.  A new class object can be created using a hash class name derived
from the original instructions for the sole purpose of holding the lambda instructions (purpose
is similar to the original encapsulating class) and only containing instructions necessary
for lambda bytecode generation.

So if a client has numerous uses of lambda's throughout it's calling class, a separate holding
class would be created remotely for each lambda block.

This would only occur when a functional interface extends DistributedLambda.

Regards,

Peter.