river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Research / experimental branch
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:58:49 GMT

For the record, I’m not proposing River lite, I’m just wondering about pruning features
that are old and little-used.  I think what I’d probably want to do is just split out the
features into a separate library (for backwards compatibility), but if there was no great
interest in it, I’d just drop the features.

As far as JSON, I’m wondering how River fits with JSON.  As it stands now, you could certainly
create a service proxy that uses JSON to talk to a service.  That’s standard smart-proxy
stuff.  perhaps Gregg W can expand on what River/Jini brings to the picture that’s over
and above any other method of accessing RESTful services in Java.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk.

On Feb 17, 2014, at 3:11 PM, Simon IJskes - QCG <simon@qcg.nl> wrote:

> Simple,
>
> less decided than on removal of the JRMP. I've never used activation. I wouldnt use it.
>
> What you are proposing is a river lite. RPC + registry + discovery. I believe this is
a good approach. JSON, i like the idea. Code mobility by external means. Also good.