river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: [Vote] (RIVER-432) Jar files in svn and src distributions
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:08:01 GMT
On 12/02/2014 12:59 AM, Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 11-02-14 11:35, Peter wrote:
>
>> We will need a new build system for java 8, this looks like a step in
>> that direction.  In reality we need to adopt the build conventions
>> used by Rio.
>
> What are these? Maven?
>
> Gr. Simon

http://www.rio-project.org/tutorial/service/service-intro.html

Gradle and Ivy (if you prefer ant) are also possibilities for dependency
management and if Ivy was already being used then it would be more
likely to be the build tool of choice.  However Gradle is attractive as
it uses Groovy and since Dennis donated a Groovy Configuration, that
might make testing easier.

Just throwing in my 20cents for disucssion.

Regards,

Peter.