river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject [Dicuss] Build Structure
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:03:51 GMT

On Feb 12, 2014, at 2:08 AM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:

Not that I have any strong opinions on Maven vs Gradle, but aren’t you conflating build
system with Configuration provider?  I don’t see how the presence of a GroovyConfiguration
provider has any influence on whether Gradle, Maven, or Ant should be used for the build system.

Greg Trasuk

> Gradle and Ivy (if you prefer ant) are also possibilities for dependency management and
if Ivy was already being used then it would be more likely to be the build tool of choice.
 However Gradle is attractive as it uses Groovy and since Dennis donated a Groovy Configuration,
that might make testing easier.