river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: DISCUSS: Proposal for eliminating tensions; return to collaborative development
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:16:36 GMT

On Jan 21, 2014, at 6:57 AM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:

> If this proposal is supported, I'd also reccommend that trunk be reverted back to the
2.2 River branch, with the exception of Sim's work on ClassLoading, which should be included.

> Provided there is support, change trunk to review then commit without lazy concensus.
>
> I would finish the work on qa_refactor and solve the remaining multithreaded issues (on
a longer lower pressure time schedule), the River community can then decide whether it wants
to use code from qa_refactor on an as needed basis.  I believe that the River community will
find this code a useful reference for latent multithreaded bugs.

I’m in favour of this approach.

Greg Trasuk.