river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: More Stress Test Results for Outrigger
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 08:06:12 GMT
Thanks Dawid, I'd appreciate it if you have time.

checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/river/jtsk/skunk/qa_refactor/trunk

then cd to trunk

$ vi build.properties
append the line:
run.tests=com/sun/jini/test/impl/outrigger/matching/StressTestInterleaved.td

Thanks for the feedback, that's just the sort of thing we need on river dev.

Considering a persistent Outrigger for a moment, would a JDO store that
could use Cassandra, Google Big Table, Amazon S3, MongoDB, Google
Storage et al be more interesting?

These data stores will have their cache, storage and retrieval
algorithms well sorted, there's the matter of optimisation of course,
one of the problems we have with River is the lack of access to hardware
suitable for tuning.

Outrigger could become a sub project if there was enough interest.

Regards,

Peter.