river-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Costers <jonathan.cost...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code provenance on com.sun.jini.tool.classdepend.AbstractDependencyVisitor?
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 20:47:20 GMT
Hi Greg, this file wasn't contributed by myself (I just committed it as part of a patch to
remove dependency on Sun internal APIs), so I can't really comment on the intent of this other
license header.

Op 10-nov.-2013, om 21:22 heeft Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> het volgende geschreven:

> (This may be a duplicate - I sent once from an email that wasn’t subscribed to dev@r.a.o).
>
> Hi all - In particular Jonathan Costers:
>
> I’m in process of rolling a release candidate for 2.2.2 (out of the 2.2 branch), and
I’ve noticed that we’re missing AL2.0 headers on a few files.  Most of them are simply
manifest files that were in the original contribution from Sun, so I’m OK with just adding
the AL2.0 header.  However one of them has an Inria copyright on it.

> com.sun.jini.tool.classdepend.AbstractDependencyVisitor.java was added by jcosters on
4/17/2009 and subsequently edited by peter_firmstone on 9/25/2009.

> I suspect that you started from a shell that was in the asm.jar examples (because why
would asm use the file name ‘AbstractDependencyVisitor’?), and that leaving the INRIA
header on it was a mistake, so we really ought to just change it to AL2.0.  Jonathan, could
you confirm that?

> BTW, the INRIA license is AL2.0-compatible, so leaving the header there would be OK,
but it just seems out-of-place.