river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: River 2.2.2
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:38:01 GMT

We already have this, which has been there since the last release.

https://builds.apache.org/job/river-2.2-qa-jdk7/

It pulls from the 2.2 branch, which the 2.2.2 tag will be copied from.  Currently the build
passes.

My understanding has always been that release artifacts need to be generated and signed on
a machine that is under local control of the code signer (i.e. release manager, i.e. me for
the 2.2.2 release).  As such, I don’t think we should use the artifacts generated under
Hudson, although the jars are certainly there if anyone wants to grab a snapshot.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk.

On Nov 10, 2013, at 3:16 PM, Jonathan Costers <jonathan.costers@gmail.com> wrote:

> Should we setup a Hudson build that pulls the 2.2.2 tag from SVN, tests it, generates
reports and creates release artifacts?

> Op 5-okt.-2013, om 05:30 heeft Peter <jini@zeus.net.au> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Sim also did some work based on Gregg's contribution, it's included in trunk, it
was during this time that unrelated synchronization issues caused progress on this work to
stall.  The design is quite elegant and flexible.

>> Due to synchronization bugs causing test failures, I branched from an earlier trunk
version that appeared stable.  I don't have access to hardware suitable for generating the
failure conditions, so have been unable to continue working on these test failures.

>> Despite being quite impressed by its elegance, there are some fundamental design
flaws with Reggie's implementation regarding mutation, these only come to light are spending
hours working through the code.