river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Pointers to configuration guidance for firewalled environments?
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:08:08 GMT

Hi Bryan:

Yes, you can create multiple Exporters around one TcpServerEndpoint, so you should be able
to simply create an endpoint with the port you need, and then use it multiple times.  There
is a limit of 128 “Sessions” through the endpoint multiplexer.  I’ve always been under
the impression that that limited the number of exporters that you could create, but looking
at the spec again just now, I suspect that’s just the number of simultaneous calls that
can be in process.  I’d have to look closer at the ILFactory code to see if if closes the
“session” after a call completes.

I’m not aware of a succinct reference on this topic, so if you could post results to the
list, that would help out others.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk.

On Nov 11, 2013, at 11:21 AM, Bryan Thompson <bryan@systap.com> wrote:

> I would like to setup exporters used by both long-lived and relatively short lived objects
in a manner that could be compatible with a firewall.  E.g., I would like to have river communicating
only using some configured ports.  Is this as easy as specifying the port number explicitly
for TcpServerEndpoint constructor [1]?  Can the same port be reused for each such constructor
and the requests multiplexed over that port (JERI appears to support such multiplexing per
[2]) ?  Is there a good reference that covers this topic (how to configure jini/river to work
with statically configured firewalls)?