river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: River 2.2.2
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2013 03:30:16 GMT
Sim also did some work based on Gregg's contribution, it's included in trunk, it was during
this time that unrelated synchronization issues caused progress on this work to stall.  The
design is quite elegant and flexible.

Due to synchronization bugs causing test failures, I branched from an earlier trunk version
that appeared stable.  I don't have access to hardware suitable for generating the failure
conditions, so have been unable to continue working on these test failures.

Despite being quite impressed by its elegance, there are some fundamental design flaws with
Reggie's implementation regarding mutation, these only come to light are spending hours working
through the code.

I have considered rewriting Reggie, after an unsuccessful refactoring attempt.

Regards,

Peter.