river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject [REPORT] Apache River
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:57:41 GMT
Apache River is a Java-based Service Oriented Architecture, implementing
the Jini Specification and Jini Technology Starter Kit originally
donated by Sun Microsystems.

ISSUES FOR THE BOARD

There are no board-level issues at this time

RELEASES

Apache River 2.2.1 was released on May 2, 2013.
The community is working towards a maintenance release of the 2.2 branch
to be completed in September, and then a release of the 2.3 branch at
some later date.

COMMUNITY

No new committers have been added since Nov of 2011.
We hope that with releases coming on a more regular basis, user interest
will
pick up, and with it we will attract more potential new committers.

ACTIVITY

Mailing lists and development have been fairly quiet over the summer
months.  19 messages on users@ from May-Aug, and over 200 messages on
dev@.

Two issues have been reported on Jira and resolved.