river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Thinking about an Apache River release.
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 10:08:20 GMT
----- Original message -----
> Hi all:
>
> Recently, we had two issues reported,
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-423 (JSR-160 JMX Entry
> classes), and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-424
> (jsk-policy.jar not published to Maven).   I've now committed the fixes
> for both issues, and I'd like to propose a release of the 2.2 branch to
> get these fixes out.
>
> Anyone have an issue with a maintenance release of the 2.2 branch?

No objections, probably a good idea.

> After that, I think we need to revisit the trunk (2.3?) branch and talk
> about how to go about releasing it.   As I've said before, (speaking just
> for me, not as PMC chair) I'm impressed with the amount of work that
> Peter has done on concurrency practices, but the manager in me is a
> little nervous about the magnitude of the code changes.
>
> Opinions?

Thanks for the compliment.

It'll probably require a beta pre release and wider testing before going to a final release.

I'm bogged down with work and currently don't have much time, qa-refactor is experiencing
3 test failures related to synchronization issues with Reggie on Windows 2008 server with
JDK7.  I don't have the required hardware or software to debug this properly and have to rely
on print statements.

There are some Javaspace test failures on ARM, however hudsons arm servers aren't available
for testing at present.

After my last commit some tests are failing due to a missing Permission.

The last issue is easily fixed, the former two are impossibly difficult.

Regards,

Peter.