river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Immutable Entry
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:45:32 GMT
Ok, so we need to make sure we safely publish an Entry to a volatile field after modifications
or make an Entry's fields volatile.

Did you know that JERI uses a multiplexing thread pool core?

Even when our code appears to be single threaded, once it's exported, it becomes visible to
many threads.

To avoid potential deadlock from dependant tasks executing out of order JERI always creates
a new thread if no free threads are available in its internal thread pool.

Regards,

Peter.