river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next steps after 2.2.1 release
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:18:39 GMT

On Apr 6, 2013, at 1026PM, Greg Trasuk wrote:

> Proposal
> ------------
>
> 1 - Release version 2.2.1 from the 2.2 branch.

+1 for this, we really need to get this done, and get this done before the end of the month.

> 2 - Create a separate source tree for the test framework.  This could come from the "qa_refactor"
branch, but the goal should be to successfully test the 2.2.1 release.  Plus it should be
a no-brainer to pull it down and run it on a local machine.

I would actually like to have the (at least) unit tests part of the same source tree. I can
see integration tests being in a separate module, but it should not be a separate source tree.
When River gets built we should automatically run unit tests. Integration testing can happen
as a separate step.

Additionally, I also dont see why we need a "test framework" per se. Why not just use JUnit
or TestNG?

> 3 - Release 2.2.2 from the pruned jtsk tree.  Release 1.0.0 of the test framework.
> 4 - Pull out the infrastructure service implementations (Reggie, Outrigger, Norm, etc)
from the core into separate products.  Release 1.0.0 on each of them.  Release 2.2.3 from
the pruned jtsk tree.

Yes, we need to trim up project. Once 2.2.1 is released I had planned on branching and starting
a modular (maven-ized) project. I really do not know what the state of trunk, qa-trunk (or
any other branch) so starting with 2.2 as the baseline seems more stable to me.

Regards

Dennis