river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache River 2.2.1
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 00:20:20 GMT
Hi Greg,

Sorry for not keeping up with this. I'm trying to work through how to stage the artifacts
for deployment into the staging repository as well. I had sent this out before, for reference
I'll include it here as well:

Since we are about to deploy River jars to the ASF Jar Repository, I'd like to make sure that
as a project, we understand what needs to happen. Please review this document: http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

Since we are not a Maven project, and we do not use Ivy, I wrote a Groovy script that uses
the Maven deploy plugin (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html)
to deploy River artifacts. If you want to be able to deploy to the ASF repository you must
configure Maven according to the guidelines in the referenced document.

Aside from the various configuration guidelines, of interest is the "Common Procedures" section
as well. I've tested the deployment script, a staging repository does get created with the
artifacts. I have also "dropped" the repository, since we are not yet ready to release 2.2.1.

In order for us to release the artifacts we need to sign all the jars that are going to be
published as artifact to the ASF Maven repository. We need to sign the jars with a PGP signature.
Also see https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Central+Sync+Requirements

Regards

Dennis