river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: test failure repeatability
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 09:51:10 GMT

On Apr 2, 2013, at 338AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:

> The formatting didn't work out, I'll create a Jira issue to discuss.
>
> Patricia's done a great job detailing the dependencies and issues with TaskManager's
Task implementations.

> I recall a list discussion from the original Sun developers who had intended to replace
TaskManager, the runAfter method has issues.

> Being so prevalent, it's quite possible that TaskManager is causing issues and it might
also explain why as performance improves more issues arise.

> If a task completes before another task which it's supposed to runAfter but isn't present
in the queue; that could explain some issues.

> I much prefer idempotent code myself.
>
> This could take some effort to fix, any volunteers?
>
> Dennis are you able to continue with your 2.2.1 branch release?

At this point I am unsure what branch to base the 2.2.1 release off of. Additionally, what
are the steps necessary to create a release?

Regards

Dennis