river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Next steps after 2.2.1 release
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:48:14 GMT
On 4/11/2013 4:15 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> I know some would prefer me to prove something is broken before fixing
> it, providing tests that prove the failure, but this isn't an enterprise
> project and I lack the resources for such things, there's always the
> option of running a 2.2 maintenance branch for those who'd like to wait
> longer before upgrading.

I'm still trying to remember/find a place where there seemed to me to be
a possible race condition.

Back when I was actively working on this, I considered trying to set up
a test, and all I could think of was to put a moderately long
Thread.sleep() call in the code where I thought there was a window. I
was not able to produce a failing test.

Patricia