river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Tests failing due to port in use
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:44:24 GMT
On 10/04/2013 5:19 PM, Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
> From the build list:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Apache Aries build removed ubuntu2 from its list of possible
>> machines
>> several months ago because its ulimit was set to 1024 while the other
>> ubuntu machines were set to 40000. Would you be able to make it match
>> the
>> other machines as part of the rebuild please?
>>
>> John
>
> I havent checked, but i believe they are talking about: RLIMIT_NOFILE
> might that also be relevant to failing tests? It limits the number of
> sockets open. When opening a socket when the filedescriptors are
> exhausted, all platforms provide exceptions indicating so, would they?
>
> Gr. Simon

Hmm, good suggestion, I honestly hadn't considered that.

Presently it appears as though port 4160 is unavailable on one of the
Arm nodes (arm-16 from memory), changing portInUse to take into account
whether ports were in use by programs other than the test suite enabled
another 98 tests to pass, however there are still 182 failing due to
4160 being used by another process.  I'm considering making a script
that checks available ports against those required and change the
default configured ports for the tests if they're already in use.

I wonder if there's a way to detect RLIMIT_NOFILE from java?

The problems on Jenkins appear unreleated to Greg's test failures, the
number of failed tests seems to be coincidental.

Regards,

Peter.