river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Next steps after 2.2.1 release
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 09:44:58 GMT
I've never experienced the issue locally (I see it on Jenkins quite a
lot), but I suspect a stale registrar process left from another test may
be stopping the socket from closing.  Not that registrars are also
simulated for discovery tests, so it may not necessarily be Reggie.

The code is duplicated in two places in superclasses of the tests that
are failing,  the method portInUse(int port) is supposed to check if the
ports available, but only selects from a list of LookupLocator's known
to have started, so doesn't actually check the port's available.

Perhaps you can find the stale test process responsible?

Regards,

Peter.

Greg Trasuk wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-04-08 at 15:59, Peter wrote:
>
>> Greg,
>>
>> I apologise again for my outburst, I was wrong about your leadership skills.
>>
>> I couldn't help but notice the number of test failures, did they have an error message
like the number of services started != number of services wanted?