river-dev mailing list archives

From m..@martinwills.com
Subject Re: Tests failing due to port in use
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 17:18:50 GMT
> On 10/04/2013 5:19 PM, Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
>> From the build list:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The Apache Aries build removed ubuntu2 from its list of possible
>>> machines
>>> several months ago because its ulimit was set to 1024 while the other
>>> ubuntu machines were set to 40000. Would you be able to make it match
>>> the
>>> other machines as part of the rebuild please?
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> I havent checked, but i believe they are talking about: RLIMIT_NOFILE
>> might that also be relevant to failing tests? It limits the number of
>> sockets open. When opening a socket when the filedescriptors are
>> exhausted, all platforms provide exceptions indicating so, would they?
>>
>> Gr. Simon
>>

> Hmm, good suggestion, I honestly hadn't considered that.
>
> Presently it appears as though port 4160 is unavailable on one of the
> Arm nodes (arm-16 from memory), changing portInUse to take into account
> whether ports were in use by programs other than the test suite enabled
> another 98 tests to pass, however there are still 182 failing due to
> 4160 being used by another process.  I'm considering making a script
> that checks available ports against those required and change the
> default configured ports for the tests if they're already in use.
>
> I wonder if there's a way to detect RLIMIT_NOFILE from java?

Open the unix file "/proc/<pid>/limits" and parse the "Max open files" line:
Limit                     Soft Limit           Hard Limit         Units
Max open files            1024                 4096                 files

works on Linux ??????? 3.2.0-40-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 25 21:22:10
UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards
Martin