river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache River 2.2.1
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:50:20 GMT

Hi Dennis:

Couple of questions present themselves...

1 - Is it OK or expected to sign the jars with the same code signing key
as the release "tar.gz" and ".zip" artifacts that I've already
generated?  I'm fine with doing that.  Be aware, however that I've just
generated the keys recently, so I'm not in the Apache Web of Trust.  I
certainly can publish the public keys, however.

2 - Central seems to want the uploaded jars to be named in the like
"jsk-platform-2.2.1.jar".  We currently don't name the jars that way.
Is it a wish or a requirement?

3 - and if it is a requirement, does your Groovy script handle it, or do
we need to change the build?  Either way, would that be a 2.2.2 release,
or do we just re-name and sign the jars?  I suspect that there are a few
cases (Starter and examples for instance) where we actually have jar
names hard-coded into the scripts.

I'm not assuming that you have the answers, Dennis, but maybe someone
does...

Cheers,

Greg.

On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 20:20, Dennis Reedy wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Sorry for not keeping up with this. I'm trying to work through how to stage the artifacts
for deployment into the staging repository as well. I had sent this out before, for reference
I'll include it here as well:

that as a project, we understand what needs to happen. Please review this document: http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

> Since we are not a Maven project, and we do not use Ivy, I wrote a Groovy script that
uses the Maven deploy plugin (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html)
to deploy River artifacts. If you want to be able to deploy to the ASF repository you must
configure Maven according to the guidelines in the referenced document.

> Aside from the various configuration guidelines, of interest is the "Common Procedures"
section as well. I've tested the deployment script, a staging repository does get created
with the artifacts. I have also "dropped" the repository, since we are not yet ready to release
2.2.1.

> In order for us to release the artifacts we need to sign all the jars that are going
to be published as artifact to the ASF Maven repository. We need to sign the jars with a PGP
signature. Also see https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Central+Sync+Requirements