river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject 2.2 Release status
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 13:56:17 GMT
Hi all:

This build https://builds.apache.org/job/river-2.2-qa-jdk7/4/ says it
failed, but if you look closely at the console output, all the testing
passed.  There was a configuration error (mine) in the archiving results
post-build step. There's another build scheduled which should show a
complete "pass" result.  Unfortunately, as we know, the test run is
about 16 hours.  And we're not the only project with long test runs, so
there's a substantial wait time before the run gets onto an executor
machine (just as an aside, I'm looking into setting up a Jenkins
instance of my own to run test builds in the future.  Perhaps others
should think of doing the same thing).  In any case, given the minimal
changes from 2.2, I'm now comfortable going forward with a release.

I'm currently building the 2.2.1 release candidate and am thinking of
calling for a vote shortly.  Should I go straight to the vote, or do
people want to review and independently test the 2.2 branch first?

Not that I'm calling a vote yet, but as I'm typing, I see the release
candidate has finished uploading to
http://people.apache.org/~gtrasuk/river/, so if you want to have a look
at it, go ahead, and let me know if there's any issues.  I will mention
that if you read the RAT reports, the "qa_jtreg" report names 224 files
without license headers.  These are ".policy" and other configuration
files with little creative content.  Further, they were in the previous
release as approved by the Incubator, so I think we're on safe ground
here, although they probably should have license headers added in the
trunk at some point.

Also, as a point of order, normally a vote would run for 72 hours.
Given that the weekend is coming up, I'm inclined to extend that to 96
hours.  Opinions?

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk.