river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:48:50 GMT

Hi all:

I've been testing the 2.2 branch locally in a few environments, and I
haven't seen anything that looks like anything but local configuration
issues.  So I'd like to move forward with the release process (steps
will be described below).  I have few questions first...

Levels fix - Dennis - I thought I saw a while ago that we didn't have
the most recent "com.sun.jini.logging.Levels" fix in the 2.2 branch.
Could you check on that, and commit the code that we should release
with?

Testing - I'm thinking that we should setup one or two Jenkins jobs to
test out the "2.2" branch.  However, that is likely to conflict with the
testing that Peter is doing on his "qa_refactor" branch.  Does Jenkins
have a way of arbitrating access so that the test runs will not be
concurrent, thus avoiding any port conflicts?  Anyone have any opinions
as to whether we actually need Jenkins jobs, or are we comfortable with
a few of us testing the branch locally?

Process - As soon as we know we have the right Levels fix, and sort out
our questions over testing, and (I would imagine) one or two of us have
acceptable test results for the particular revision, then I'll tag the
release and generate the release packages, which we can vote on.

I'd kind of like to complete this process by the end of the month.

Cheers,

Greg.

On Thu, 2013-03-28 at 15:14, Dennis Reedy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was wondering how we are doing with getting the next release out the door? I'd like to
suggest that we move on this as soon as possible If there are issues that do come up with
the release, we can always release again.