river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Next steps after 2.2.1 release
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 22:51:27 GMT

On Mon, 2013-04-08 at 15:59, Peter wrote:
> Greg,
>
> I apologise again for my outburst, I was wrong about your leadership skills.
>
> I couldn't help but notice the number of test failures, did they have an error message
like the number of services started != number of services wanted?

> If so, this is because port 4160 is in use.

Yes, that's it.  Definitely a configuration issue.  It's not that port
4160 is in use by anything else - the problem is that the test framework
is trying to start up multiple Reggies, which requires port overrides
that are currently not getting through.  Perhaps if someone recognizes
the issue they can clue me in and save some time.  If not, then it's
just a matter of slogging through the code to understand the test
configurations.

There's a file called 'reggie3_2Ports.properties' in
qa/src/com/sun/jini/test/share' that seems to call out these overrides,
but I haven't yet figured out how it's supposed to get included in the
test configuration.  I suspect it's something fairly trivial that needs
to be setup locally.

Anybody recognize the problem?  On the bright side, every failure I see
in the 2.2 branch that I'm testing locally appears to be caused by this
configuration problem, so everything looks very promising.

Cheers,

Greg.