river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Next steps after 2.2.1 release
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 21:54:51 GMT
Greg, why have you repeated this message?

I think this is a deliberate attack on the project because you haven't been following development
in trunk and now you're scared because you see changes you don't understand.

I've been following your developments in surrogates, an impressive amount of productivity.
 Although I think you should consider upgrading apache.commons vfs to version 2 before releasing.

Open your mind and ask questions, the code isn't set in stone, you have an obligation as project
lead to encourage and nurture development, not stifle it.

You strike me as someone who's a very good programmer, but still learning leadership because
you lack faith in others and must do everything yourself.  Remember I offered to assist with
Surrogates, but you wanted to work alone?

You need to let go and give others a go too.

How you handle this matter will be a test for your own personal development and an opportunity
to grow as a leader.

You also hold the future of this project in your hands, so I hope you find strength to let
go.

Regards,

Peter.