river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Development Progress update.
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:22:13 GMT
Cool, Thanks Dennis, Dan & Bryan, we're getting there!

Bryan experienced two test failures on OSX:

com/sun/jini/test/impl/start/CodebaseTest.td

caused by:

    [java] CodebaseTest.run FINE: expected codebase for test service 1 proxy: http://Bryan-Thompson-MacBook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice1-dl.jar
http://Bryan-Thompson-MacBook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice-common-dl.jar
      [java] CodebaseTest.run FINE: actual codebase for test service 1 proxy: http://bryan-thompson-macbook-air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice1-dl.jar
http://bryan-thompson-macbook-air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice-common-dl.jar

I've fixed it locally so both codebase strings are normalised, I'll
upload the fix soon.

The other:

com/sun/jini/test/spec/javaspace/conformance/snapshot/SnapshotExpirationNotifyTest.td
      [java] Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: Not all listeners've
got expected number of events.

I'm hoping that this is caused by the following bug I've discovered in com.sun.jini.jeri.internal.mux.StreamConnectionIO

The LinkedList sendQueue access is synchronized with Mux.muxLock,
unfortunately sendQueue's reference was copied to an instance variable
and allowed to escape synchronization, FindBugs wasn't able to find this
one, I had to track it down the old way, it caused the following test to
fail on sparc:

com/sun/jini/test/impl/outrigger/matching/StressTestWithShutdown.td
.
I believe I've found the cause, but won't be entirely sure until I run
the tests on the old sparc again (might have to do it remotely, it's
about  180km away).

Anyway basically what appears to be happening is while the contents of
sendQueue are being sent to open a connection to the server, other tasks
are writing to the sendQueue, so the server on occassion ends up getting
some other garbled  info instead and doesn't respond, leaving the test
hanging.

So I think I've got it this time!

Will commit soon.

On 11/03/2013 6:13 PM, Dan Creswell wrote:
> 1412 passed, 46 skipped, 0 failures in about 58000 seconds.
>
> On 10 March 2013 13:26, Dan Creswell<dan.creswell@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'm currently running this and jtreg, I'll report back when it's done.
>>
>> JDK 7 on OS X 10.8.2...
>>

>> On 10 March 2013 13:17, Dennis Reedy<dennis.reedy@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I ran:
>>>
>>> ant qa.run
>>>
>>> [java] -----------------------------------------
>>> [java] GENERAL HARNESS CONFIGURATION INFORMATION:
>>> [java]
>>> [java]    Date started:
>>> [java]       Sat Mar 09 08:19:09 EST 2013
>>> [java]    Installation directory of the JSK:
>>> [java]       com.sun.jini.jsk.home=/Users/dreedy/dev/src/projects/river/qa-trunk
>>> [java]    Installation directory of the harness:
>>> [java]       com.sun.jini.qa.home=/Users/dreedy/dev/src/projects/river/qa-trunk/qa
>>> [java]    Categories being tested:
>>> [java]       categories=id loader policyprovider locatordiscovery activation
config discoverymanager joinmanager url iiop jrmp reliability thread renewalmanager constraint
export lookupdiscovery servicediscovery io security lookupservice renewalservice eventmailbox
jeri start discoveryservice discoveryproviders javaspace txnmanager
>>> [java] -----------------------------------------
>>> [java] ENVIRONMENT PROPERTIES:
>>> [java]
>>> [java]    JVM information:
>>> [java]       Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, 23.7-b01, 64 bit VM mode
>>> [java]       Oracle Corporation
>>> [java]    OS information:
>>> [java]       Mac OS X, 10.7.5, x86_64
>>> [java]

>>> [java]
>>> [java] # of tests started   = 1412
>>> [java] # of tests completed = 1412
>>> [java] # of tests skipped   = 46
>>> [java] # of tests passed    = 1412
>>> [java] # of tests failed    = 0
>>> [java]
>>> [java]
>>> [java]    Date finished:
>>> [java]       Sun Mar 10 00:45:27 EST 2013
>>> [java]    Time elapsed:
>>> [java]       59178 seconds

by find bugs (calling Thread.start() during construction), I'll fix these during the week,
the failed jrmpexporter tests simply seem to be tests starting before previous tests sockets
have been released by the OS.