river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <den...@asarian-tech.com>
Subject Poms
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 19:26:42 GMT
Hi,

Looking around the distribution I noticed a directory of Maven poms. I see that the groupID
for all the poms is org.apache.river. Do we want to keep the net.jini groupId intact for the
artifacts produced that have net.jini packages?

We would have the following artifacts:

net.jini:jsk-resources:version
net.jini:jsk-policy:version
net.jini:jsk-platform:version
net.jini:jsk-lib:version
net.jini:jsk-dl:version

org.apache.river:reggie:version
org.apache.river:reggie-dl:version
org.apache.river:outrigger:version
org.apache.river:outrigger-dl:version
org.apache.river:mahalo:version
org.apache.river:mahalo-dl:version
org.apache.river:mercury:version
org.apache.river:mercury-dl:version

etc ...

Additionally, the pom directory is setup as a multi-module maven project. Eventually, I think
this is something I would like to see, but until then what we need is the ability to install/deploy
River produced jars to a Maven repository as 3rd party jars. I'd like to refactor the poms
accordingly to enable this to happen, and provide the ability (using a script) to deploy to
the ASF Maven repository (http://repository.apache.org).

IIRC, if we deploy to the ASF repository, artifacts are synched to Maven Central. I'd like
to deploy 2.2.1 once it becomes available.

Hopefully, as we move forward with a multi-module project (gradle or maven), this will become
straight forward with the project, and the need to deploy River produced artifacts as 3rd
parrty jars goes away.

Regards

Dennis