river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: transient tuple space
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:38:01 GMT
Blitz has users across both modes (persistent and transient) so I
wouldn't say there's a clear divide.

Where a tuplespace is not a system of record and contents can be
re-generated or are time sensitive (trading data) and will be updated
shortly, transient tends to win.

Those treating the tuplespace as a system of record (data storage
scenarios) or needing persistence of a workflow (e.g. for complex
calculations) etc use persistent mode.

Note that in both modes, transactions are used as much as they aren't,
because it's really about a level of atomicity as much as or instead
of durability.

On 22 February 2013 09:16,  <fritsch@joerg.cc> wrote:
> Thanks Dan,
>
> how is it used in practice? Do transient deployments prevail?
>
> --Joerg

case not preserved after a restart