river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Poms
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 09:32:02 GMT
On 8 February 2013 23:56, Dennis Reedy <dennis.reedy@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2013, at 549PM, Greg Trasuk wrote:
>

>> On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 14:26, Dennis Reedy wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Looking around the distribution I noticed a directory of Maven poms. I see that
the groupID for all the poms is org.apache.river. Do we want to keep the net.jini groupId
intact for the artifacts produced that have net.jini packages?

>> +1

+1

> Well, the only rub with this approach is outlined here (http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html),
in the "Getting your project setup in the Nexus Repository" section that states:

> Maven Group Ids: a list of the groupIds for this project. They should all be subgroups
of org.apache

> I suppose we can ask for net.jini groupId in addition to org.apache.river. If denied
we will need to go with everything being org.apache.river, or choose to publish the net.jini
artifacts to Maven central ourselves (which is fine with me btw).

We should ask with an explanation as to why and if that fails opt for
Maven central (don't fancy a rename at all).

All IMO of course.

> Would you like me to proceed with the request?

Yes.

>>> We would have the following artifacts:
>>>
>>> net.jini:jsk-resources:version
>>> net.jini:jsk-policy:version
>>> net.jini:jsk-platform:version
>>> net.jini:jsk-lib:version
>>> net.jini:jsk-dl:version
>>>
>>> org.apache.river:reggie:version
>>> org.apache.river:reggie-dl:version
>>> org.apache.river:outrigger:version
>>> org.apache.river:outrigger-dl:version
>>> org.apache.river:mahalo:version
>>> org.apache.river:mahalo-dl:version
>>> org.apache.river:mercury:version
>>> org.apache.river:mercury-dl:version
>>>
>>> etc ...
>>>
>>> Additionally, the pom directory is setup as a multi-module maven project. Eventually,
I think this is something I would like to see, but until then what we need is the ability
to install/deploy River produced jars to a Maven repository as 3rd party jars. I'd like to
refactor the poms accordingly to enable this to happen, and provide the ability (using a script)
to deploy to the ASF Maven repository (http://repository.apache.org).

Just to satisfy my curiosity/learning desire: What refactoring needs doing?

>>> IIRC, if we deploy to the ASF repository, artifacts are synched to Maven Central.
I'd like to deploy 2.2.1 once it becomes available.

+1

Plenty of people ask for this (although like Greg I'm something of a
Maven luddite).