river-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Ramsdale <jeff.ramsd...@gmail.com>
Subject Sonatype OSS repo
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 00:26:17 GMT
Hi Dennis,

I'm excited to see your activity in getting a new River release and getting
the artifacts posted to Maven Central. In connection to that would you
consider moving Rio's own artifacts to the Sonatype OSS repo so they are
automatically synced to Maven Central? More info here:
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide

I may have suggested this in the past, but the main inhibitor before was
that artifacts in this repo were generally supposed to have their own
dependencies already in Maven Central and Rio couldn't do that with its
River dependencies. That no longer would be an issue with this new River
release.

Also, I wanted to throw out a warning that I recall there being a problem
with one of the River poms that it (errantly) referenced itself as a parent
or something like that. It caused a problem with some versions of Maven
that failed to detect the loop and crashed. Keep your eyes open if you're
planning to reuse the existing poms...

-jeff