river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Test Failures - Help required.
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:44:02 GMT
Apart from the occassional BindException, which can be ignored, we are
down to 1 to 2 failing tests on all platforms.

Bryan Thompson has been of invaluable assistance in identifying a
particular insidious concurrency bug that didn't show up on Jenkins.

I'm looking for assistance from anyone else who has time to jump in and
help knock over these few remaining test failures so we can branch for
release.

The OSX bug appears to be the simplest to solve, I think the other tests
are concurrency issues.

Test failures:

ARM

      [java] com/sun/jini/test/impl/outrigger/leasing/UseNotifyLeaseTestRenew.td
      [java] Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: Resource was
not available before lease expiration

OSX - Appears to be a normalisation issue.

com/sun/jini/test/impl/start/CodebaseTest.td

      [java] CodebaseTest.run FINE: expected codebase for test service 1 proxy: http://Bryan-Thompson-MacBook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice1-dl.jar
http://Bryan-Thompson-MacBook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice-common-dl.jar
      [java] CodebaseTest.run FINE: actual codebase for test service 1 proxy: http://bryan-thompson-macbook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice1-dl.jar
http://bryan-thompson-macbook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice-common-dl.jar
      [java] CodebaseTest.run FINE: expected codebase for test service 2 proxy: http://Bryan-Thompson-MacBook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice-common-dl.jar
http://Bryan-Thompson-MacBook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice2-dl.jar
      [java] CodebaseTest.run FINE: actual codebase for test service 2 proxy: http://bryan-thompson-macbook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice-common-dl.jar
http://bryan-thompson-macbook-Air.local:9082/qa1-start-testservice2-dl.jar
      [java] com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: Actual codebase for test service 1 proxy
does not match expected codebase
      [java] 	at com.sun.jini.test.impl.start.CodebaseTest.run(CodebaseTest.java:92)
      [java] 	at com.sun.jini.qa.harness.MasterTest.doTest(MasterTest.java:256)
      [java] 	at com.sun.jini.qa.harness.MasterTest.main(MasterTest.java:144)

Solaris x64

      [java] com/sun/jini/test/spec/renewalservice/DurationExpirationTest.td
      [java] Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: The expiration
of the lease has been altered.
      [java]    originalExpTime = 1361789472995
      [java]    currentExpTime = 1361789473885
      [java]    deltaExpTime = 890
      [java]    roundTrip = 670

Ubuntu JDK7

      [java] com/sun/jini/test/spec/javaspace/conformance/snapshot/SnapshotTransactionWriteTakeIfExistsNotifyTest.td
      [java] Test Failed: Construct Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: Exception
instantiating class server com.sun.jini.tool.ClassServer; nested exception is:
      [java] 	null
      [java]
      [java] com/sun/jini/test/spec/javaspace/conformance/snapshot/SnapshotTransactionWriteTakeTest.td
      [java] Test Failed: Construct Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: Exception
instantiating class server com.sun.jini.tool.ClassServer; nested exception is:
      [java] 	null
      [java]

Windows

      [java] com/sun/jini/test/spec/discoveryservice/event/MulticastMonitorStop.td
      [java] Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: discard failed
-- waited 300 seconds (5 minutes) -- 3 registration(s) with lookup discovery service, 0 registrations
with successful discards
      [java]

Cheers,

Peter.