river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Latest Java release causes runtime exception
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:18:19 GMT
On 6/02/2013 11:49 PM, Dennis Reedy wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2013, at 218PM, Greg Trasuk wrote:
>>
>> Actually, could you open a Jira ticket for this and attach your patch?
>> I suspect that since it's a core library, we might be best to "Review
>> then commit" on this one.  I agree that a quick release is in order.
>> Perhaps we should branch from the last stable release and patch/release
>> that?  Opinions anyone?
> I have a real production issue with this, so I'll go ahead and branch. What is the latest
stable release branch?

> Thanks
>
> Dennis

The last stable svn version I branched off for river qa refactoring,
sorry can't remember the version number, but you can look it up on svn,
a recent qa refactoring svb version was even better, until I broke it
again recently.  Be careful though LookupLocator serial form has broken
compatibility, so you'll need to fix that before releasing.

What's becoming more obvious is that the concurrency bugs are still
there, I don't think the recently commited code is at issue at all,
instead it's brought existing bugs to the surface, it seems to be
occurring more often with modern processors.  I can't reproduce these
bugs on my old 4 way sparc, it passes, but the Jenkins builds keep
experiencing failures, concurrency bugs are very hard to debug.

Regards,

Peter.