river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Latest Java release causes runtime exception
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:51:39 GMT

On Wed, 2013-02-06 at 08:49, Dennis Reedy wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2013, at 218PM, Greg Trasuk wrote:
> >

> > Actually, could you open a Jira ticket for this and attach your patch?
> > I suspect that since it's a core library, we might be best to "Review
> > then commit" on this one.  I agree that a quick release is in order.
> > Perhaps we should branch from the last stable release and patch/release
> > that?  Opinions anyone?
>
> I have a real production issue with this, so I'll go ahead and branch. What is the latest
stable release branch?

The last branch that was released was 2.2.0.  Assuming that you're
running the released branch, then it seems like we ought to branch from
there and create a 2.2.1 release.  In addition, we should apply your
patch to the current development branch as well.

By the way, I also commented on the patch - There's a statement about
"Object uniqueness property" in the java.util.logging.Level javadocs
that I'm not sure what it means, but I suspect it needs something added
o the com.sun.jini.logging.Levels implementation.

Cheers,

Greg.