river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dirmi might be something to look at
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:08:49 GMT
Interesting observation.

So if I do a search in google for "customisable rmi" I don't get a hit
on River. A quick wander through our docs says we don't present
ourselves as having a superior RMI implementation (maybe we do but
it's buried deep).

We've got some conceptual stuff out there (good) but some grass roots
(here's the hot bits of our tech) maybe not so much.

So, we're not leveraging the obvious tools for discovery. That said,
even if we were, we have to expect some people will reinvent wheels
badly. Rob Gingell once observed that “those who do not use Jini are
doomed to reinvent it.”