river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dirmi might be something to look at
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:25:20 GMT
On 25 January 2013 05:47, Peter <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
> Perhaps it might be time to make JERI a separate release.

+1

I'm all for breaking the codebase down into recognisable/manageable
components for our audience/us. Easier to get to grips with...

> JERI method constraints allow authentication to occur prior to code download and object
deserialising.

> It Jini's pre JERI implementation that prevents it.  Only secure discovery takes advantage
of it.  With recent Java security scares, JERI offers an opportunity to avoid those issues.
 You can't escape the sandbox if you can't authenticate to even access it.

> Take JERI, make it modern and concurrent, release that separately.

Don't feel we should let the focus on concurrent/modern stop us from
getting something out the door. It'll be an organic process so....

> Jini is restricted to Sun's JVM because of all the legacy cruft no one want's to let
go of.  Why should JERI suffer the same fate?

Mmmm, what legacy cruft are you referring too? Not something I'd
considered so interested...