river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <ge...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Open discussion on development process
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 03:53:14 GMT
I still wonder why it doesn't feel right that the test suite be in the same branch as the associated
"release".  Some of the new code needs new test that demonstrate "functionality" while other
tests that demonstrate compatibility will be ran on each release without change.  It seems
to me, that in the end, when a release goes out the door, the tests that validated that release,
are part of that "release".

If we need two different types of tests, and a migration path from "functionality tests" into
"compatibility tests", then maybe we really need two trees for development of each release,
and branching the whole test suite would be one branch an the new release would be the other.

Is that how you guys are thinking about this?

Gregg Wonderly