river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Deadlock in MultiCastMonitorStopReplace test
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 06:35:59 GMT
Sorry, there's so much detail it's difficult to see what's going on, and
it looks like I only pasted the Server stack, oops.  The test isn't
timing out as it should, I'll run it again and grab the client stack, I
killed the test after 2 hours, so the test was definitely deadlocked.
There are usually 3 or more jvm's running.

The BindException is ok in this case, the default unicast discover port,
4160 is tried first (when no port is specified), then an ephemeral port
is grabbed if 4160 is in use- it's ok in other words, I'll have to
change the output to something more meaningful because BindException is
usually bad.

Like: "port 4160 in use, choosing ephemeral."

Will run again and grab state of other jvm's.

Peter.