river-dev mailing list archives

From Simon IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Lookup service failures on ARM
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 23:00:31 GMT
On 10-11-12 22:41, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> I'm trying to solve failures on the ARM platform, for now I've changed
> the Reggie ServerSocket to wait for 4 minutes for the TCP TIME_WAIT
> period then retry, unfortunately the port is still in use after waiting,
> which tends to indicate a stale process.

Thank you, the problem is much clearer now. Have you tried to open a
connection to localhost:port and closing it immediately thereafter, on
first BindException? It is a dirty workaround, but can nudge a waiting
accept to process a pending interrupt. If you are worried that it might
stall, this connect, you can start an extra thread for it.